Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's Day!


Today at school,I talked about Valentine's Day with some of my classes. They do celebrate Valentine's Day here in Moldova, but I thought it would be interesting to tell them how we celebrate it in America. They all thought it was "super" that in schools we have parties and decorate boxes to put Valentine's cards in. 
After discussing Valentine's Day and reading a short handout, we did a word search that had words like "kisses, cuddle, heart, roses, friends, smooch (yes, smooch...) hugs, candy"




After the word searches, the kids got to make Valentines. I taught them how to say a few things: "I love you" "Happy Valentine's Day", and of course "Roses are red, Violets are blue...."








Monday is Valentine's Day, and I'm super pumped because it's my favorite holiday. Hopefully I'll get a few more Valentines from my students like the ones they made me today!





No comments:

Post a Comment