Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!

Winter finally came to Moldova!
Yesterday I decided to take a nap around 3:30, and it was cold out, but no snow. When I woke up at 5:30, the ground was covered with an inch of snow, and everything was white. It continued to snow all through the night and continued on into today. It stopped snowing during the day, but it was super windy so the snow was blown all around. I wore my long underwear, and I'm thankful I did! I'll be wearing them to bed tonight as well. 


Thanksgiving was last week, so I talked to my classes about it and explained what it is and why we celebrate it. In my 6th grade class, many of the kids were absent, so with the 6 students that were there I decided to make hand turkeys. They thought this was really cool. In the turkey feathers, I had them write things they're thankful for. They wrote things like "family, friends, teachers, etc."


1 comment: