Tuesday, June 30, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours


Yesterday it rained. A lot. My street was flooded. As you can see in the picture, I had to walk through it in order to get home. Not only was there water, but mud mud mud.
One of the most difficult things about living in Moldova right now is the fact that I still can't communicate in Romanian. I know that this is only going on week 3 but it still sucks. I have to use gestures and mimes in order to somewhat communicate with people. Luckily my host sister speaks English, otherwise I don't know what I'd do. I know everyone is in the same boat, but I feel as if I'm in the bottom of the boat slowly sinking.
Had language class for 4 hours today. It was all right. We learned about clothing, how to buy clothes, and sizes.
At 4:00 (which is in 25 minutes) I will be meeting up with the rest of my village volunteers to go to a handicraft exhibit at a basilica in my village. I'm not quite sure what a handicraft exhibit is, but it sounds fun anyway. The girls have to wear skirts and head scarves. It will be quite the interesting experience. I'm just wondering how we're going to stay clean walking through the mud to get there!

3 comments:

  1. Just keep at it dearest! You can learn the language, but its going to take a little time! I'm sure you're doing much better than you think.

    Much Love!

    Sal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mir!!!! I miss you so much! I hope you are having such a great time! I cant wait until you get back and I read your posts all the time! oh and scotty and jess are preg I dont know if thats appropriate for this blog but o well!

    ~Kels Kels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey! I know they told me before I left and I had to keep it a secret!!!! I miss you too! What's your email address??

    ReplyDelete