Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home

13 days until D-Day.
That's a terrible name for it.... I should come up with something a little more clever than that. I'll work on it...
Anyway, I'm back in Grand Forks, North Dakota, my hometown. I grew up here, all the way through the end of freshman year of college. Needless to say I was happy to move out of here and move to Moorhead/Fargo.
And now I'm back.
Granted it's only for 2 weeks but still.
However, I am glad that I get to be home and hang out with my family for a while. As I right this, my 11 year old sister is asleep in a twin bed that we are apparently sharing even though her own bed is five feet away from this mattress on the floor where I currently lay.
I checked out of my apartment today at noon. It was a very surreal experience. That was my first real place away from home. I did live in the dorms at UND, but I don't really count that. But checking out of that apartment is making everything seem even more real.
Best friend Lauren is coming to town tomorrow to stay with me for a couple days. I'm very excited about that one.
I got a sweeeeet new computer. I'm in love with it.
That's all for now; sister is talking in her sleep and I should probably go to bed, too. (Yes, it is only 9:53 pm, but that's how we swing it in this house.)

No comments:

Post a Comment